How to Apply
- Download the application form which includes a pre-interview task. Fill out the form. Complete the task as thoroughly as you can. Print the completed form. [Important: You cannot save data typed into this form.]
Return the form to:Bianca PrainoTESOL Manager
- +852 2392 2424
7th Floor, Workington Tower
78 Bonham Strand
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
If your application is suitable you will be invited for an interview. Although the interview is not a formal one, we ask you to dress for it in the same way as you would present yourself in a classroom teaching situation. Interviews will be conducted by telephone for applicants who are not currently residing in Hong Kong or China.
You will be notified by letter as to whether or not your application is successful. Once you have been accepted on the course, the first instalment of HK$6500 is required to confirm your place.
Upon receipt of your payment you will be given a Starter Pack, which we recommend you begin studying immediately. This consists of background information and preparation materials, covering approximately 20 hours of instruction in methodology, grammar and pronunciation. Completion of the Starter Pack is compulsory and ensures that every member arrives at the start of the course with the same minimum level of language awareness. You should bring your completed Starter Pack with you on the first day of the course, and be prepared for a short test revising key points.
- We also suggest you purchase these books for pre-course reading and reference during the course.
- How to Teach English (Jeremy Harmer)
- Practical English Usage (Michael Swan)
They can be obtained from amazon.com or good bookshops in Hong Kong, including:
- Commercial Press:
- 3/F, Star House, 3 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- Swindon Book Co:
- G/F, 13-15 Lock Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- Basement & 1/F, 30 Johnston Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
The remainder of the course fee is due two weeks prior to the start of the course. The final date for payment will be given with the letter of acceptance. Should the course be cancelled or postponed due to any unforeseen occurrence, all payments will be returned to you in full. However, if you decide to cancel your place on the course after having paid the initial instalment and/or final balance, we regret that no refund can be arranged.
You will be sent a Course Handbook and Course Timetable before the start of the course.